Thursday, September 10, 2015

Flying back to St. Petes

Flying back to St. Petes
- Traveling
- Nevsky Prospekt at night

Lots of traveling today- so this may be more boring than the usual posts because
1. I feel like we didn't do much and 2. I didn't take too many pictures 
(it'll end up being a post with a more normal amount of pics then.. haha sorry for the constant photo dump... It's just better than my words could ever describe) 

We left Munich this morning and when Kody was filling up the car with gas he was in paying for a long time... I shouldn't have been surprised to see him come back with a huge bag full of candy.
"Just had to get rid of my change..." This boy and his candy I tell ya.  
Although when I saw the Kinder Buenos in there for me
I was sure happy he had all that change! mmmmm 
 We made it into St. Petes and again enjoyed the Russian clap once we landed.
I actually started the applause this go round as well haha So great.
This pic is a great one of the "Saint Petersburg" sign that is one of my very first memories of St. Petes from my mission (obviously...flying in) but also of the sweet plane all decked out in the St. Petersburg soccer teams (Zenit) colors. Awesome. 
We checked into our hotel and I just have to share this coolest sink ever. 
The water just slides down this glass. So hip. So cool. 
 
Here is another example of the incredible Metro stations here. This is at the Pushkin station, so everything is super fancy and there is our man Pushkin at the end there! 
 We got out of the Metro to enjoy this wonderful sunset at the "triple threat" spot as I call it. Cause you walk out and boom- there is "Dome Knigi" or House of books -1
 to the right is Church of Spilled Blood -2 
 and to the left is Kazan Cathedral -3
 Triple threat, my friends. My gosh. It's already good to be back :) 
 Some dudes were giving out cheap roses... Now it's like we are on a real Russian date - they love giving flowers on dates. Little cuties. 
 After dinner (you guessed it- Kody got borsch) we just walked around and enjoyed St. Petersburg at night. We walked up Nevsky Prospekt up to the Hermitage
 
 Admiralty building 
 St. Isaacs Cathedral
 and back to the book store and Church of Spilled Blood in the distance. 
I just never wanted to leave and head back to the hotel because it's hitting me that tomorrow is our last full day here and I'm having denial about it all!
Just soaking in my city for all it's worth! It's good to be home :) 

No comments: