Friday, September 4, 2015

Germany/Austria day 2

Day 2
Munich
- BMW Museum
- Bike ride around English Gardens
- St. Peters tower 

We started the day off right with some pastries from a cute little shop.
I was probably smiling too big with how adorable the little lady was working there. Oh my world. 
So I had dessert for breakfast... guilty. 
But ohhh my mouth waters just remembering the goodness
Ok- also...I saw this hilarious guy across the street with dreads, and a bird just chillin on his shoulder that was hooked to a little leash he was hangin on to. 
Pretty awesome I thought...until he turned around!
hahahahah Oh my gosh! SO GROSS but makes complete sense. 
Lets just say he didn't buy that jacket with the white decor....hahahah

Next up- the BMW museum! This place I tell you... It is so cool. One of the most modern and just classy museums ever. That BMW is just all class all around.
We started off in the BMW Welt or whatever it is...It's basically just a showcase for some of the cars.
Right as you walked in there was a little display of a car and motorcycle
from Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. Of course I made Kody jump up on the bike!
He was probably embarrassed, but secretly loved being on that bike. (I then had to hurry him off so he wouldn't fall TOO in love with the feeling. ;) haha) 


There were some displays from Mini and Rolls Royce. 
Woah man... woah. That car is somethin else
 Mini
 Pretty sure this was a tour guide driving these people around! hahah
I wanna get me one of these!
We crossed the cool bridge over to the actual BMW Museum part
 How awesome is that building?!
I feel like the Russell-twin-part of me was geekin out over the architecture. 
also it was bright. Excuse the lids of our eyes. hah
 This is my favorite part of the museum. These silver spheres are hung from strings you can't hardly see and they just move up and down to create shapes of cars or just move in fluid motions. The Lindsay-ocd-part of me could stare at this all day long

To better help you picture it...here's a vid. You're welcome in advance 
Wall of motorbikes for the Kodes

 Smartest little benches that you pull down from the wall AND that activates a little audio somethin for you to listen to whatever was being displayed. Felt good to get off my dogs
 Hello there coolest car i've ever SEEN!
I mean, it's a concept car- but I want it to be real life.
The future I tell ya... 



We went back into the city and found the bike rental place and rode around English Garden and the Isar River. We heard someone say that English Garden is something like 3 times as big as Central Park in New York. Its beautiful in there, is full of open areas, biking/walking trails, even a horse trail that we saw and could smell (yuck), and occasionally some "beer gardens."
It was so nice to not be walking and just cruisin along on these cute little bikes!
 Ok, on one of these rivers right near a bridge at the edge of the park is where people can river surf!
It's like those surfing simulators- only real and freakin awesome! We stopped and watched for a while. Super impressed. 


Most pleasant little bike ride! Mid-ride-shot

 Pit stop by a big ol pond that was just too pretty to just whiz by. Kody was probably sick of hearing me occasionally yell "this is so pretty!!"
St. Peters is one of the big churches in the middle of the city has a tower you can climb up and see the city with a birds eye view. I think it was about a 300 step climb or so. Woof that was not so fun after riding a bike for several hours! Haha! But so so worth it.
Here we are looking down at St. Peters itself. 
 It was SO beautiful seeing all of Munich from up there!
All of those orangeish roof tops. So great. 
 It was a tight squeeze though. you could probably fit two people between the wall and that gate on the edge! gulp. That AND i'm not kidding you- you could feel the tower moving.
Again I say though- worth it





 We found a delicious döner for dinner and it was a giant success. 
That with a sparkling apple juice. Booya.  
Munich. You are just fantastic. 


No comments: